Hui is the Hawaiian word for gathering or gouping of like-minded individuals. This Underwater Hui features a dolphin, a green sea turtle, an endangered Hawaiian Monk Seal, and one small Octopus — all dancing together. Well, the Octopus might not be dancing; he suddenly appeared on the paper while I was painting and asked to be included in the festivities.
I have only seen a handful of the seals in the wild. One was swimming in Kawela Bay, one was sunning herself along the shores of Hanauma Bay, and another was sunning on the beach in Waikiki. These gray seals have a sweet-looking face, and always draw a cautious crowd wherever they surface.
In 2010, it was estimated that only 1100 individual Hawaiian Monk Seals remain in the wild; they are listed as critically endangered. Because there are so few of these creatures, each one has a name and an identification number for tracking purposes.
Original Watercolor: SOLD
Open-edition Paper Giclée prints:
- 8"Wx10"H mat (image size: 5"Wx6.75"H) = $35
- 11"Wx14"H mat (image size: 7.5”Wx10.5”H) = $50
- 16"Wx20"H mat (image size: 10.5”Wx14.5”H) = $95
Limited-edition, Gallery-wrapped, Canvas Giclée prints:
- Image size: 16”Wx20”H gallery-wrapped, stretched canvas = $425.00
- Image size: 16”Wx20”H gallery-wrapped, unstretched canvas, ready-to-assemble (stretcher bars not included) = $295.00
- Image Size: 18”Wx24”H gallery-wrapped, stretched canvas = $495.00
- Image Size: 18”Wx24”H gallery-wrapped, unstretched canvas, ready-to-assemble (stretcher bars not included) = $375.00
Shipping: All prices include standard shipping within the United States. For international shipping please contact Patrice.