This painting was started in one of the Hide-N-Seek watercolor painting workshops that I teach. My intention was to show the class how to paint two hibiscus, one red and the other white.
Watercolor paints often flow into one another, making it tricky to get whites to stay white unless a masking fluid is used. Purity of color isn’t something I “worry” about, and I often remark that nothing natural is just one color.
Painting intuitively, I watch my paintings evolve and respond to what I see emerging on the paper. Even so, I was surprised to find not one, not two, but three distinct hibiscus form at the top of this painting. What fun! Had I been too “wedded” to the idea of just painting two flowers, I would have missed out on so much expression.
Perhaps we can all allow some serendipity into our lives and enjoy what happens when we do!
Original Watercolor: Sold
Open-edition Paper Giclée prints:
- 8"Hx10"W mat (image is: 5"Hx6.75"W) = $35
- 11"Hx14"W mat (image is 7.5"Hx10.5"W)= $50
- 16"Hx20"W mat (image is 10.5"Hx14.5"W)= $95
Limited-edition, Gallery-wrapped, Canvas Giclée prints:
- Image size: 16”Hx20”W gallery-wrapped, stretched canvas = $425.00
- Image size: 16”Hx20”W gallery-wrapped, unstretched canvas, ready-to-assemble (stretcher bars not included) = $295.00
- Image Size: 18”Hx24”W gallery-wrapped, stretched canvas = $495.00
- Image Size: 18”Hx24”W gallery-wrapped, unstretched canvas, ready-to-assemble (stretcher bars not included) = $375.00
Shipping: All prices include standard shipping within the United States. For international shipping please contact Patrice.