The pineapple is a type of Bromeliad. Pineapples are a symbol of hospitality, often given as gifts to those new to the islands.
A fan mentioned that he’d like a painting of a pineapple at the beach and I thought, “what fun!” So I took a pineapple to the beach and took several photos of it up against the waters edge. Amazingly I captured a few photos of a wave crashing over the pineapple right before the force of the wave pushed it over.
When we mix things up, put something different into the stir-fry or wear polka dots and plaids, we take a risk. We stay alive by nudging ourselves outside our comfort zone, even just a little bit. I’m sure some people thought I was crazy, taking photos of my pineapple at the beach. I didn’t care. I honestly didn’t know what it would look like or how much it would make me laugh.
Reach just a little further outside your comfort zone, live a little more!
- 6"Hx15.5"W: $450
Open-edition Paper Giclée prints:
- 8"Hx20"W mat (image is 5"Hx10"W)= $55
Limited-edition, Gallery-wrapped, Canvas Giclée prints:
- Image size: 8”Hx20”W gallery-wrapped, stretched canvas = $250.00
- Image size: 8”Hx20”W gallery-wrapped, unstretched canvas, ready-to-assemble (stretcher bars not included) = $140.00
- Image Size: 16”Hx40”W gallery-wrapped, stretched canvas = $625.00
- Image Size: 16”Hx40”W gallery-wrapped, unstretched canvas, ready-to-assemble (stretcher bars not included) = $400.00
Shipping: All prices include standard shipping within the United States. For international shipping please contact Patrice.